Here are some projects that didn't rate individual web pages. I could have taken numerous progress shots, but construction didn't seem all that challenging. Most have no known prototypes.
This structure hides the TE receiver as well as numerous terminal strips. Originally the Mail Pouch barn was at this location. The wiring from the "substation in a box" comes up here and individual circuits branch off to various places along the railway. The raised part of the roof sports screening, and holes were drilled in the roof proper so actual ventilation is provided for the TE and the power indicator lights that are stuck in the rear wall. There are two lights on the back wall: one indicates the DC into the TE and the other track power. I used 15 volt bulbs, so the input is in series with a resistor.
The brass rods that come up the corners of the chimney are soldered together at the bands and provide the receiving antenna for the TE. I know that the self-appointed electronics experts will say that it can't possibly work. It does. Period. [Attentive readers might recall that the TE was originally housed in a water tank. The newer, bigger unit wouldn't fit. Hence the need for a new building.]
I got the idea for this from the yard that sits adjacent to the abandoned substation on the Iowa Traction.
The large transformer is a piece of 3 x 3 wood; the cylindrical gizmo is a chunk of PVC pipe. They are both covered with pieces of rubber stair tread painted black. It makes a good imitation of the cooling fins that appear on the real things. The fencing is some old copper window screen that I found at my dad's place. The fence frame is brass rod stock. Everything is soldered together (sort of) to make a fairly rigid structure. Not all of the wiring is complete, but it makes a good representation of the real thing.
Just a simple shed for the local yard to use as storage. See below for the roof source. Stick-on vinyl letters were used for the sign, along with Precision Products siding. The lumber stacks are hollow. The top and sides are full-length sticks; the interior end pieces are less than an inch long. When everything is glued together, who knows! The exterior hanging lights are Plastruct with g-o-w bulbs.
Front Street 'Patch'
The curve between upper and lower Front Street has always needed "something" to fill in the hole. A couple of years ago a fellow who was "downsizing" gave me some buildings that I think might have started life as Agway bird feeders or some such. He'd made them into small buildings that had a Western theme. Eventually they fell apart, and I'd cabbaged the roof to put on the lumber storage shed. With a little saw work I had four building fronts that fit nicely. I cast more sidewalk and used sandpaper for the roofs. The street lights are an experiment. They're also cast. If I decide I like the way they look the rest of Front Street may get some.
Pomeroy Salt Works
This is something cobbled together from various building kits that I'd been given a number of years ago. (Think: Dead guy's trains.) In theory, brine is pumped into the building then its boiled or otherwise has the liquid removed to make salt crystals. The boiler house is at right. As of 2015, this needs signage, and possibly moved around a tad.